Tibor Boromisza Memorial Room
2000 Szentendre, Duna korzó 4.
The memorial room was opened by the painter’s family in 1964 displaying the works found in his bequest. The room is located in the house by the Danube where the artist lived during his second period in Szentendre from 1954 until his death.
Tibor Boromisza moved to Szentedre in 1923. He was the first artist to paint different parts of the town and its people (known as the ‘original themes’) including his friends and peasants working in the fields. He painted dozens of water-colour and oil paintings between 1923 and 1926. The exhibition of the memorial room includes paintings from Hortobágy in the Great Plains and Keszthely by Lake Balaton as well as important documents of his life and his self-designed items of furniture.