Originally, the church of the Izbég district was also built as a Serb Orthodox Church in 1738 in honour of the Holy Spirit. After the cathedral, this was the second stone orthodox church in Szentendre.
The early Baroque nave is low and has an elongated shape. The belfry was built in the second half of the 18th century. The church underwent several renovations in the 19th century but it preserved its original architecture. In 1948 the Catholic church took possession of the building and after its reconsecration, a new bay, a transept and an oratory were added to the building.
The pews were brought to the church in 1951 from the Budapest Regum Marianum Chapel demolished by the communist regime. The frescos were painted in the 1950s by Ernő Jeges, a member of the Szentendre Art Colony. The tabernacle of the altar was made by applied artist Éva Lőte in 1939.
The former chaplaincy was granted parish status in 2003.
The church can be visited every day.